Saturday, January 19, 2013

Two for Four

Happy weekend everyone,
I've got two cards to show you today for four challenges. Don't you love winter, nothing to do but stamp.
My first card is for the Friday Mashup and Try stampin' on Tuesday.


The mashup is a birthday theme and brads. I need a birthday card this week for my daugther who just happens to love pink and dark chocolate. This card has her name all over it.


And the sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday is perfect.  I want to say thank you to the Tuesday team for picking my bike card last week.Here is my creation



 The card is chocolate Chip, Regal rose and Whisper White.I used a piece of Whisper White satin ribbon some large Chocolate Chip brads. The stamp sets are Tiny wishes and Crazy for cupcakes. The scallop circle is cut from a scrap of DSP all from Stampin' Up. The scallop circle die is from Spellbinder and the embossing folder is from Cuddlebug. I really like how it came out.

Next is a card for Fab Friday and Stampin' Royalty.





These two challenges go together really well too. I had fun making this card. Making flowers is a fave of mine. Here's my card.


I layered two Spellbinders scallops together. Cherry Cobber behind Pink Piroutte. The Stamp sets are from Stampin' Up. Just Believe and Petite Pairs which are stamped in Crumb Cake. I punched the flowers using a retired Stampin' up punch and put a glitter brad in the center. The DSP is from the Comfort Cafe" and Fan Fair collections. A small scrap of Crumb Cake DSP makes the ribbon.I think I'll just keep this for myself.
I hope you like both my cards Thank you for stopping by. Please come back often.
HAPPY STAMPING

10 comments:

Mynn xx said...

These are both fabulous cards! LOVE the cupcake theme on the first and your folded blooms on the second are glorious!!! Thanks for joining us at TSOT! I'd love for you to join in our challenges at Inkspirational and Technique Tuesday, too, if you have the time! HUGS! :)

Pajalu said...

I love these cards. The cakes are so yummy! Then those flowers are devine. I really like your style. Thank you for playing along with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

Heidi Baks said...

Eek, your cupcake card is adorable! Love how you interpreted the sketch to look like a table!! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Karen said...

Lots of fun cards you are sharing. Love the cupcake card for the TSOT challenge this week. Yummy and fun. Thanks for joining us.

MJ said...

Sensational cards! I love them both. I also loved you comment about loving winter--guess that is how I should look at it so that I would love it too! Thanks for the insight, lol. Andt thanks so much for playing along with us on TSOT!

Lisa said...

Great cards Karen! Love the cupcakes and the swirled background on the birthday card, looks fabulous!

Your flowers on the 2nd card are AWESOME!!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Glenda Calkins said...

Both Gorgeous Cards! Those cupcakes make me want to go bake some! The flowers are just gorgeous and make a stunning card. Thanks for playing along with the sketches at TSOT.

Lili said...

Great cards Karen! Great job combining both challenges. Those cupcakes look terrific, I love how you put all the elements together. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

hollybeary creations said...

Great Birthday card.. The cupcakes are super cute! Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup.

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Oh what fun flowers! Love those! Lots of texture on the card too! Thanks for playing at Fab Fri!