Saturday, December 8, 2012

It's all about Christmas

Happy Saturday all,
It's a dreary day today. Not feeling at all like Christmas. Where's the snow? We are usually knee deep in the stuff by now. All we got is mud. I hate mud!!!!!!!!!! May as well stay in and make cards. Maybe I don't hate mud after all. Ha
So I'm playing along with two challenges today. Stampin' royalty and Freshly Made Sketches.
Stampin' Royalty has this great photo to inspire us.


I really wanted to use the stars but I failed. I used the gold and trees for my card. Here is my creation.


Most of my supplies are from Stampin' Up. I used Always Artichoke, Gold, Very Vanilla, and a piece of Always Artichoke DSP. And a piece of Always Artichoke grosgrain ribbon. The tree branches were made using the pine tree from the Lovely as a tree set. For the ornament I heat embossed a snowflake from the Serene snowflake set in gold on gold card stock, then punched it out with a 1 1/2" circle punch. I cut a little piece of the gold to make the top and tied a piece of gold wire to make the hanger and bow. It still needed something so I add a pearl to the center. My sentiment is from The angel Company. Here is a close up of my ornament.


I think it came out nice.

Now for
Freshly Made Sketches
What a great sketch Cindy has given us to play with.


Oh I had fun with this one and I got another idea to do with it. That is if hubby doesn't decide to do something and need my help. Here's what I came up with.


Oh gosh it came out cute. Okay maybe pink and pink are not Christmas. But for me all colors are Christmas colors. So I used mostly Stampin' Up products. Rose Red , Regal Rose, and Whisper White cardstock The snow man is a very old set I could not find it in any of my cattys. I used the heart punch to punch out the little hearts I just thought it needed something in that corner. I found this little scrap of DSP. The piece was so small and just jump out at me. the package she's really holding is just way to small so I cut that little scrap into an even small scrap and tie a piece of this funky ribbon around it and woo hoo it's a big present. The sentiment is from The Angel Company and is the reason why I went with pink on pink. The back ground was to plain so I embossed using the perfect dots folder and snowflake folder ( from Cuddlebug). I colored my snow girl with markers and added a little flocking to her hat.


Other supplies I used are 1 1/2" circle, scallop, and scallop border punches.
I hope you like my cards. I'm going to go do another one of snow girl card. This time It's going say cheers and have a drink in her hand. Or maybe it'll be a him.
Be sure to stop back soon
HAPPY STAMPING

4 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love that sweet snowman! And the pink rocks - so perfect with the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Tui Nathan said...

Your card is adorable ... that lil snowman is super! And how perfect is your sentiment, the sweet gift and .... the PINK!!! Love it ...
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Jen Brum said...

Great card Karen! I love that little snowman (or snowgirl!!) So sweet in pink! Super fun colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Georgeann Manning said...

The ornament card is LOVELY! and your pink snowman card is super cute! Thanks for playing this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!