Friday, November 23, 2012

lots of snowflakes

Hi everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I sure did. Today I'm playing along with two challenges I haven't played with in awhile. Life's been busy. What can I say. I made one card using a sketch from Merry Monday and colors from colour Q.
Here is the sketch


And here are the colors


My husband said You can't make a Christmas card with those colors. Where's the red and the green. After 30 years you would think he'd know me and colors. They are perfect Christmas colors. See here's my card.


I didn't have Bermudo Bay. So I used Tempting Turquoise. It's the closes I could come with my stash.
I used the snowflake Cuddlebug embossing folder on my background and a little flocking on the snowmen hats. Everything else is from Stampin' Up.
Cardstock- Concord Crush, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Tempting turquoise, and Whisper White.
Inks and Markers to match
Stamp Sets- Christmas Punch, Holiday Line Up,and Mixed Medley
Punches 3/4" circle and 1 1/4" scallop circle.


Who needs red and green. Not me that's for sure.
I sure hope you like my card.
Happy Stamping
Before  I go I thought I'd show you a picture of A football doggie set I had to put together for a Christmas gift.


The set includes a Tie on scarf, a Flying toy, and A large double Squeaky bone. Now I got to put together 3 Steeler ones and  2 Vikings. But I got to go shopping for fabric and I'm scared. It's Black Friday Weekend. To me that's the scariest thing ever. I hope I live to make another card. And on that note I say good bye.
Everyone be careful out there.

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love how you made your banners and these pretty colors, Karen! The snowmen are so jolly looking! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

LeAnne said...

LOL, I love non-traditional colors for Christmas (especially when challenged by our spouses!) and these are perfect! So fun and cute! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Merry Monday sketch, as well as the ColourQ!

Margaret Moody said...

What a fun and festive card, Karen! Love all the snowflakes and, of course, all the snowmen! Thanks for sharing!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Your card is so fun and I absolutely love that snowman image that you used. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Kara said...

So cute!! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week!

Notes by Nina said...

Very cute card, those snowmen are so cute.

Allisa said...

Such a fun image! Love the flocking. Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

Tracey McNeely said...

Well that is one fabulous card. Thank you for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!