Sunday, October 23, 2011

Belly Band

I'm playing along with the friday mashup again. Challenge #29. When I saw they were mashing up twine and belly bands, I thought what the heck!! then realized I've done lots of belly bands I just didn't know that's what they're called. hmm belly band who knew, that makes perfect sense.


Well I never got around to cleaning up after last weeks card. I just kind of push everything out of my way. So when I started to clean up. I decided to make a little card with the scraps. It's a slider card and I used all the same supplies accept I added a little crumb cake and the saying is a set from angel company.


The inside just pulls out. I thought it came out pretty cute.


I was just getting ready to post this card when I checked the friday mashup and realized I could change this card up. So here it goes. I change the colors to soft seude and cherry cobber and of course I kept the Baja Breeze. After all it was just sitting there with that even smaller piece of  Parisan Breeze. and the snowflake was just laying there too.


I think this card is a gate fold. The belly band holds it together nicely. I used the same snow flake stamp as before. You know why!! Because I never put them away.



Don't ya love this saying from the Angel Company.



Found this red button in my stash. but I didn't like the twine on it so I did away with that. I guess the twine on the belly band will have to be enough.


Well that my challenge #29 card. I hope you like it. Now I'm going to put my things away. Hopefully my next card will look a different.
Happy Stamping ever one.  





8 comments:

Notes by Nina said...

Both cards are wonderful, I love the pullouts.

Kim P said...

Fabulous card!! I love that you used the same supplies since they were still out...that sounds like ME!! LOL

Your belly band with the twine is perfect...thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

Lisa said...

These are adorable Karen, I love them!! I love the colors in the first one and the red you used in the 2nd one is a terrific accent! Plus the belly band looks great.

Great job, so glad you played along with us!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Hi Karen, Lovely to see you again. Great cards, I really like both cards but I think the addition of the red has added some pizzazz to your design.

Thanks for joining us.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Friday Mashup DT

hollybeary creations said...

Both of these came out great! I like the pop of Red in your Belly Band Card! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

Heidi Baks said...

I LOVE how you changed up the card to fit the challenge! Perfect! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

Lesley said...

Hi Karen!
I love the red and blue card, I think that combo just POPS and the snowflakes are SO pretty! This is a wonderful layout and style, you have definitely inspired me and I need to try this! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!
Hugs,
Lesley

Michele K. said...

Very pretty! Both of them! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week. :)