Sunday, May 25, 2014

keeping it simple

hi everyone,
What a beautiful today. The sun is shinning. There's a bit of a breeze. We spent most of the day planting trees and flowers. Now it's break time.
So I have two cards to show you today. The first one is for The Friday Mashup


Sara wants Trees with embossing. I love in Embossing. I've kept my card very simple.


My supplies are from Stampin' Up unless stated
Card Stock
Whisper White, and Basic Grey
Ink
Verse Mark with Black Embossing Powder and smoky slate
Stamp sets
Hardwood Back ground, Serene Silhouettes and the sentiment is Jillibean Soup from Hampton Arts.
I added a couple black gem and calling it done. Simple but cute.

My next card is for Tis The Season. I thought this one was hard but I think I did okay. It's an inspiration challenge.


I grabbed the snow, The little bushes at the bottom of the stairs and the red from the wreaths. And this is what I got.


I used the same stamp sets . Add a thin real red mat and the torn edges that make my snow have glitter on them to give the snow a glistening look and I add a little to the branches too
Well I hope you like my cards. Please stop by again soon
HAPPY STAMPING

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Fantastic cards Karen, and I love that you used Serene Silhouettes for both!

The embossed tree on the hardwood background looks terrific, I love the use of the gray with the black!

On your Christmas card the elements you grabbed from the photo look awesome!I love the bush with the birds and the pop of red is just perfect!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup and 'Tis The Season!

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Karen, I clicked on your blog and saw the Friday Mashup pop up. Thought I did something wrong at first until I scrolled down some more. lol However I get to comment on both of them, so I guess you actually made things easier for me. :) I like how you've used the Hardwood background stamp and stamped right over it! Wonderful clean and simple card. Your Christmas card is just beautiful too! Love the touch of red and the glistening snow on the ground and in the tree. Thanks for playing with us at the Friday Mashup and at 'Tis the Season.
Sara

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Super cards, Karen. I love simple and how it speaks volumes on your cards. the images you chose were great for the theme. It never even crossed my mind to use the Hardwood background! TFS with the Friday Mashup this week:)

maria f. said...

Love your blog name. Love your cards.

hollybeary creations said...

Both of these came out great.. Great take on the inspiration challenge. Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup & 'Tis The Season.

Angel Johns said...

Your card is stunning! The torn edges look JUST LIKE SNOW and your pop of red is awesome! Love, love, love! Thanks for joining us at Tis the Season!

Lisa said...

Great cards! The winter scene is gorgeous! I love the ripped snow piles tipped with glitter. Nice job!