Friday, March 2, 2012

Stormy Weather

Hi everyone, I was unable to post last night. We had a really bad storm and out went the electric. That may have stopped me from posting, but thanks to the Coleman lantern I could still make cards. So I did two last night.
both are challenge cards. That brings me up to 75 challenge cards for this year.
For my first one I'm playing along with Stampin' Royalty. I found this challenge last week. I even made a card for it, but when I went to post it, the challenge was closed. I was so sad.
Here is the challenge
DRESSING DOWN
Create a project using paper and ink and no embellishments. Here is the card I created ( embellishment free)




This was a fun card to make. I haven't done paper piecing in a long time. My card stock is Stampin' Up Tempting Turquoise and Whisper White and the DSP is called Baje Breeze. Also from  Stampin' Up I used the Perfect Dots embossing folder. I don't know the brand of the two stamps. But they sure do go together nice. 

Now for the second card I did by lamp light.
I'm playing along with the Merry Moday challenge over at Always Playing with Paper. What a great sketch this week.


Here is the card I made


For this card I used a paper packet from Close to my Heart and the snow angel and sentiment are both from The Angel Company. I colored the angel with markers and put a little glitter on her wings The snowflake embossing is a folder from Cuddlebug and the snowflakes were punched with a Martha Stewart punch. I used Spellbinder dies for the circle and scallop.

well  I hope you like all my cards. I had fun playing along. Thank you for stopping by and please stop back again.






1 comment:

Lesley said...

Hi Karen,
Such a CUTE snowman!! You did a great job with the sketch, I love the colours you used too.
Hugs,
Lesley