Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Spot light Penguin

Hi and welcome back for challenge card number 53. Today I'm playing along with the girls from The Friday Mashup. Lisa's given us a tough one. The challenge is to mash together penguins with spotlighting.  I too love penguins, but I'm not a fan of spotlighting. You can do one or the other, But you know me. It's a mashup challenge so I have to mash it up.


I didn't have a penguin stamp big enough to do any spotlighting on. So  I borrowed one. I have no idea the maker of this stamp. Here is my card


My supplies for this card is all over the place.
From Stampin' Up  
 Card stock, markers, and Ink:     Night of navy, Marina mist, and Whisper white.
 I also used the two tag punches, the Perfect dots folder, and the snowflakes are from the Christmas punch set.
My sentiment is from The Angel Company as well as my brad.
Like I said earlier I have no idea about the penguin.
I used a little flocking on his hat.
I hope you like my card. I look forward to playing along again.
Be sure to stop by again
HAPPY STAMPING

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey Karen! For someone who doesnt like the spotlighting technique you did an awesome job here!

I love the embossed background with the snowflakes and you did a great job highlighing the penguin! The flocking on his hat is a wonderful touch!

Thanks so much for playing along at The Friday Mashup!!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Hi Karen,

I too tend to shy away from spotlighting, but as you say it's a challenge and that's what Lisa bought us. She has challenged our socks off!

Your card is gorgeous. You've add a lot of detail while still keeping things fairly CAS, that's quite a skill.

Thanks for sharing your fabulous card in our challenge this week.
Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Friday Mashup DT

Diane Vander Galien said...

Great Spotlighting!!! Love the texture you added to the spotlighting!! Thanks for playing along with The Friday Mashup, GD Diane

Heidi Baks said...

So cute! I love the flocking texture! Thanks for joining the Mashup this week.

Hayley Kew said...

Really like all of the little details used in this card. Such a cute take on this week's challenge. Happy you could play along at The Friday Mashup :)

Rita W said...

Such a cute card! I am not a fan of spotlighting either, but this challenge has made me want to try it. Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup.