Monday, January 23, 2012

January 23rd.

Hi everyone,
Welcome back. It's day 23 and I'm on challenge card number 26. I've now made 28 cards for the year. I have 2 different cards for 2 different challenges to show you this time.
First is The friday mashup. This week Rita you like us to mash up Paper Piercing with a great combo of Blushing Bride, Riding Hood Red, and Early Espresso.


My favorite flowers are daisies. Last year I found pink daisies at the green house, they were so pretty and I'm hoping they come back this year.So anyways  I just had to do a pink daisy for this card.


The paper piercing I did on the opposite corners. The Riding hood red strip was just laying there and I thought it would look nice going across my card, but it wasn't long enough. So on the other side of my image I punched out a modern label and cut it into. The brads just added a nice touch. The background is stamped with a heart and swirl background stamp that's been retired for a while. My sentiment is from the Petite Pairs set and the daisy is from Inkadinkado. The matting around the daisy is emboss using Cuddlebugs love words folder. 

My next card is a baby card using the sketch from Mojo Monday. Let me tell ya, I used up some tiny little scraps on this one. Here's the sketch.


I kept losing my little panels for this one. I must have remade each one at least 3 times. Then I got wise and cleaned up my desk.




So about the glare on this. I just love this stamp set. It's called Baby Bundle. My sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes. I kept the colors soft, they are So Saffron, Pink Piroutte, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, and Pale Plum. I colored all my images with markers and colored over the words I wanted from the sentiment stamp that comes with the set. I cut out the words I wanted and matched them up to the images. I embossed the background with the Cuddlebug Swiss Dot folder.
I hope you like my cards. Be sure to stop back again tomorrow.
HAPPY STAMPING


5 comments:

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Really pretty pink daisy. Love the textured matting behind the image.

Your baby card is cute too.

Glad to see you joining us again this week.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Friday Mashup DT

hollybeary creations said...

These came out so cute! I love your flower one, the way you used the color combo is perfect! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week.

Lisa said...

Dang Karen, you are a cardmaking fool lately! Can you pass some of that creative dust my way please? LOL

I love both of these cards! That flower is SO pretty and soft looking and the baby card is just adorable!

Always happy to have you playing along at The Friday Mashup!

Kim P said...

Love the piercing and pink daisy! Clever use of the modern label punch. And your baby card is super CUTE! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful coloring! Thanks for joining us at the Mashup.