Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hugs for you

Hi everyone,
It's day 10 and Challenge card 10. I'm at 11 cards for 2012. Today I belong to The Paper Players. It's a theme challenge and the theme is love in honor of Valentine's Day. The challenge is to simple create a card with a love theme.


I had fun with this one. I used this little bear from The angel company. The set has different saying you can stamp in the middle of the heart. First I stamped the bear on a piece of white card stock I had die cut from the Sizzix Scallop oval Frame. Then I stamped the bear on a piece of Pink Pirouette and a scrap of paper I found in my Angel Company stash. I cut the bear out of the printed paper and the heart out of the pink. I then pieced these all together on the bear I stamped on the white oval. I think this is called Paper Piecing. I pulled my color out of the scrap I found and they are Red Rose, Pink Pirouette, and Close to Cocoa. My Red Rose frame is embossed using the Swiss Dot Embossing Folder. My sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set. The flower were punched out using a retired flower punch. I pulled the layers of paper part by rolling the flower in my hand to separate the layers and then put them back together with a heart shaped brad, that just so happen to match my Red Rose paper.


I put my Modern Label up on the frame instead of under it because I couldn't center my bear on the white oval. I had this empty space and I think that fixed it.
Well I hope you like my card. Stop by tomorrow and see what's next.
Bye for now and  HAPPY STAMPING!

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Hi Karen,
What a sweet card! So happy you joined us at the Paper Players.
Smiles,
Lesley

Unknown said...

The colors are very good and the design is very cute.

Plastic cards
membership card

jaydee said...

Super cute card. So glad you joined us at the paper Players this week
Jaydeeh

Ann Schach said...

Aw...this is so sweet, Karen! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!