Monday, December 26, 2011

Flowers and Butterflies

Hi everyone. hope you all had a great Christmas. Mine was super. Both my kids were home and all my grandkids. This was the first time all the grandkids were together.What a special holiday.

Moving on. It's challenge #38 over at the friday mashup. Lisa wants us to do a sketch mashed up with water coloring.



So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a project using the "Sketch".
  2. Or Make a project using "Watercoloring".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project using the "Sketch & Watercoloring" .



The supplies I'm using are Stampin Up:
Stamps;    Summer Solistice
Inks:    Tempting Turquoise, Regal Rose, Old Olive, So Saffron
Card Stock:  Regal Rose, Tempting turquoise, Whisper White
Top note Die, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Swiss dot Embossing folder
I also used a Cuddle Bug flower border embossing folder and a little glitter glue.


I cut the middle flower and Butterfly out and add them on with dimensional. I added a little glitter to the wings of the butterfly and the centers of the flowers. I colored my flowers and leaves using inks and a water brush and also stippled the edges with regal rose.
I hope you like my card. Be sure to check the friday mashup blog for some great ideas. 
Happy Holiday and have fun stampin!!



6 comments:

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Happy Holidays Karen. I love your watercoloured flowers. Really nice colour combo too.

Thanks for playing along with us again.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Kim P said...

Beautiful flowers, Karen! ...and such a nice color combo! Great seeing you play along again! Merry 2nd day of Christmas!

Lisa said...

Merry Christmas Karen! I'm glad you had the family there, its nice to have everyone all together!

Great card, I love those flowers and the different embossing you did! Thanks so much for playing along with us again at The Friday Mashup!

hollybeary creations said...

Great take on the sketch, I really like your color combo and how you did your flowers! Thanks for joining us this week at the Friday Mashup!

Heidi Baks said...

Love how you placed your flowers on the edge of the layout, and the butterfly is the perfect accent! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

Rita W said...

Glad your holidays were merry indeed! I love your flowers and that butterfly is just too sweet. Thanks for joining The Friday Mashup!