Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Lantern

I just got a new die and couldn't wait to use it. I got the Sizzix Big XL Lanterns 3-D. I use to make lanterns all the time when I was a kid. But they never looked like this one

This is the small one and I put an electric tea lite in the bottom. It was a prefect fit. After die cutting Morphing Mauve Effects paper from Canson, I emboss it with gold using a Stampin Up background stamp. I wrapped gold ribbon around the top and bottom. I used the same ribbon as the hanger. Then I attached a gold bead and tassel to the ribbon at the bottom. 

I then dressed it up a little more with a Martha Stewart snowflake, punched out of a piece of the effects paper in iced gold and placed a gold brad in the middle. I think it came out very elegant.


I think I'm going to make up a few to pass out at my family's Christmas Eve party. 
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stampin.


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Very pretty Karen, I love the gold!!