Thursday, November 17, 2011

Polar Bear Christmas

This is the first time I've played along with the Freshly Made Sketches blog. I love making cards to a sketch. They really get my wheels turning and I really love Linda's design


I just got a Polar Party and couldn't wait to use it. Here is the supplies I used.
Papers- Pretty In Pink, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White
Inks- Chocolate Chip and Whisper White
Stamps- Polar Party, Serene Snowflakes, and  So Many Scallops


I really like how this card came out. I gave the polar bear just little shadowing and decided to emboss the pink strip with polka dots instead of the snowflakes as planned. I added a little flocking to the scarf and hat. I think if I lived where they live I would want fluffier clothes. Wouldn't you?


Well I hope you like my card. Thanks for stopping by. HAPPY STAMPING


8 comments:

Lauri said...

That polar bear is the cutest!!! Very pretty coloring and I love your choice of colors! The flocking is just the right touch too! Thanks for joining Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Linda Callahan said...

I LOVE the pink and brown together! This is so cute - the polar bear is adorable! Love the flocking as well!

Tui Nathan said...

What a pretty card ... the pinks and browns look great here and I love your background stamping too!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

None None said...

This is fantastic - I love the colors you used and the flocking is such a great touch! Thanks for playing along with Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Cindy Hall said...

I love this card in nontraditional pinks. Great job! Thanks for playing with Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Mitchell said...

How adorable! The snowflake background looks so great with the polka dotted embossed layer. And what can I say about that polar bear? He looks fantastic all colored in pink and brown. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Timko said...

Now isn't he fabulous??!! I love the colors on this! Glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lesley said...

Cute card Karen, love how you stamped the snowflake to create your own background! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!