Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Wing & bling !!!


Yea I finally got a minute to play along with the friday mashup. It's challenge 19 and Kasey is going for the bling .This time we're mashing up a color combo and butterflies and bling


The colors given to us are Marina Mist and Perfect Plum. Then we choose one more color and a neutral. I'm going with Pear Pizzazz and Crumb Cake. For the Butterflies I picked my favorite Beautiful Wings and my bling is clear Rhinestone. 


I used the large Coluzzle Circle and cut to half circles. Then used the scallop trim border on the pear pizzazz and found a piece of satin ribbon that match up pretty good.  The flowers are from the Still Life Stem set and I colored them with ink and a blender pen.I didn't think the rhinestones on the butterflies were enough bling so I added a little glitter. Wish I wouldn't have done that. 


It still needed something so I used Perfect plum ink and the Canvas background stamp.. I think that fixes it.
Well I hope you like my card. Can't wait to see what all of you come up with.
HAPPY STAMPING.



3 comments:

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Hi Karen, this is really pretty, I like your colour combo, adding crumb cake as your neutral puts a whole new twist to the colours. Lovely background. I agree with you that sizzlit die is my favourite too.

Thanks for plaing along with us at the Friday Mashup again.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Lisa said...

Karen, love this card! The Crumb Cake is a perfect choice and those butterflies look great!! As always you completely nailed the challenge!

So glad to have you playing along with us again at the Friday Mashup!

hollybeary creations said...

Welcome back!! This is so pretty.. I think the glitter adds a nice sparkle! Love how you used Crumb Cake and the green they work really well with those colors. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!