Friday, July 8, 2011

Vintage Mum

Lets mash it up once again with the friday mashup. Challenge 14. has turned out to be a real challenge for me. Vintage is just not my thing. I know you can do either vintage or flowers, but I'm playing with the mashup team, so my heart says I have to mash it up. I spend sometime searching out vintage cards and what I've come up with is. Collages, lace, ribbon, pearls,old buttons and worn aged edges.  

With that in mind out came my supplies.

Nope this isn't it. I'll have to try again


Yea this will work I think. I've chosen certainly celery for my card base. And just by chance I found a small piece of light green satin ribbon that matches pretty good. I tossed in a little peach parfait. I've had this piece of pearls left from a Christmas project. Oh look a peach colored grosgrain ribbon and the little flowers match up too.

Well this is what came out of that mess. I used the mum from the still life stem set. The lace is a piece of lace velum and the hat pin, well, why not. I aged my edges with creamy caramel and colored the mum with certainly celery and peach parfait ink.


The bow was kind of hard to make. But after an hour of working at it, I got something I liked. I think it's a nice touch.
Well I hope you all like my card and enjoy mashing it up with our team
Happy Stamping and keep those creative juices flowing.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

WOw Karen, the cluster of flowers on the side of your card with the pearls is exquisite!
Smiles,
Lesley

Katherine said...

The bow is great & I love your views of your work space! Looks like mine! :)