Friday, July 29, 2011

It's a Fairytale

Well it's Friday and time for Challenge #17 over at The fridaymashup blog. This is my last week as a Guest Designer. I had a great time and want to thank all of them for allowing me to be a part of their team. This challenge is the first of the Fan Favorites. The mashup is the colors Turquoise, Red and Black. And handmade flowers. Of course you can do one or the other, but me I have to MASH IT UP . So come on lets play!

I loved this picture. So I used it as my inspiration. My card is Tempting Turquoise and I heat embossed a retired Stampin Up background stamp and at this time I can't remember what it's called. Then I cut a piece of lace with the the eyelet border punch. The frame is a die cut. Frame, Oval Scallop and the sentiment is from the Full of Life set. I embossed everything with Embossing Tinsel.


My paper flowers were made out of coffee filters. You take one filter fold it four times so you have eight layers. Then die cut with the smallest scallop circle die from Spellbinder. I dyed each layer with Real Red Ink.
Put them together with a brad and start to pull the layers up until it looks like a flower. It's very easy. I even embossed them. I wish I wouldn't have though. It makes them look like they are plastic. The leaves I just fold a scrap of green cardstock in half and ran it through the crimper and then cut out a leaf shape. 

Well I hope you all like my card. Now lets see what you come up with. 
Hope you all have a great day and Happy Stamping.


5 comments:

hollybeary creations said...

The flowers look great.. I like the idea they are out of Coffee filters.. You could use Vellum too I bet. The leaves look real! Thanks for being our Guest Designer this month.

Kim P said...

Your roses are amazing! Coffee filters?? How clever!!

Lisa said...

Karen, I am so glad you were our guest designer for July. You are so talented and I always look forward to seeing your cards!

Coffee filters? No way!! That is so cool and definitely something I would have NEVER thought of! Beautiful card!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Karen - it's been such a treat having you as our Guest Designer! Really like your design and the flowers are terrific!!

Aileen said...

Your roses are beautiful. x