Saturday, June 18, 2011

Yeah for Summer

Well I missed The mashup last week. It was a crazy week and by the time I had my card ready, the challenge was closed. But I'm not going to miss challenge 11, that's for sure. Lisa's right about summer being short. I'm at the other end of her snow belt. Winter here are long and cold too. So I'm out side a lot these days. Just soaking in that awesome sun.
This week the challenge is a summer theme mashed up with polka dots. Don't you love that bikini top.  
I choose So Saffron for my card base and added Wild Wasabi and Perfect Plum. The stamp sets is A Flower For Every Season and Polka Dots and Petals. I don't remember the name of sentiment stamp. It was a fun card to make and went together really easy.

6 comments:

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

So very pretty - love the way you incorporated those dots! Thanks so much for playing at the Friday Mashup!

hollybeary creations said...

Very cute summer card... just the right about of dots! Great color combo too.. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup.. Good to see you back.

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Hi Karen, welcome back to the Friday Mashup. Lovely to see you playing along again. This is a lovely inventive card, very pertty large polka dots!
Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

PS don't forget to enter your idea for a mashup into our Fan Favourites!

Lisa said...

Hey Karen! You're right, you get the long winters too! But those winters help us appreciate the nice summer days even more, dont you think?

LOVE you card! That color combo is perfect and I love the image. Terrific way to include the dots also, I love it!

Glad you could find time to play along with us at the Mashup, I always look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Kim P said...

Wow! This is great! Love the way you framed your image with those dots!m Greatt colors too! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup!!

Carrie Gaskin said...

Cute, cute, cute! What a great idea with the circle of circles! Thanks for playing at The Friday Mashup this week.